India turns net importer of steel during Apr-Sep
Surging steel imports have come back to haunt the domestic industry. The latest figures provided by the Joint Plant Committee (JPC) show that India was a net importer during April-September. During the period, imports of finished steel were up by 20.1 per cent to 4.318 million tonnes over the same period last year. But more importantly, India was a net importer of finished steel in September, as also cumulatively during April-September, which was not the case till August. Steeling for change, April-Spetmeber 2017. (Source: Joint Plant .
WHAT YOU GET
ON BUSINESS STANDARD DIGITAL
- Access your subscription from anywhere. Be it your computer, tablet or smartphone using a browser or the App, Your Choice.
- Access to exclusive content, features, opinions and comment, hand-picked by our editors, just for you.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies. Get all the news upates at the end of each day through E-Mail.
- Pick the industry that you want to track. And get a daily news letter specific to that industry. Cut out the clutter.
- And stay on top of your investments. Track stock prices in your portfolio
- Access 18 years of archival data
- Seamless access to WSJ.com with your Business Standard digital account.
- Experience the best of the Journal's reporting, video and interactive features.
- Read about the people and events shaping business, finance, technology, politics, technology and culture.
- Stay informed with newsletters - an easy way to get WSJ content straight to your inbox - making life easier on your busiest days.
- More business executives read the Journal globally than any other publication.
- Source: Business-standard.com