[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART-II, SECTION-3, SUB-SECTION (i)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
No. 30/2016 - Customs (N. T.)
New Delhi, the 1st March, 2016
G.S.R. (E ).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 79 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), and in supersession of the Baggage Rules, 1998, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Baggage Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st day of April, 2016.
2. Definitions. – (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, -
(i) “Annexure” means Annexure appended to these rules;
(ii) “family” includes all persons who are residing in the same house and form part of the same domestic establishment;
(iii) “infant” means a child not more than two years of age;
(iv) “resident” means a person holding a valid passport issued under the Passports Act, 1967 (15 of 1967) and normally residing in India;
(v) “tourist” means a person not normally resident in India, who enters India for a stay of not more than six months in the course of any twelve months period for legitimate non-immigrant purposes;
(vi) “personal effects” means things required for satisfying daily necessities but does not include jewellery.
(2) Words and expression used and not defined in these rules but defined in the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962) shall have the same meaning respectively assigned to them in the said Act.
3. Passengers arriving from countries other than Nepal, Bhutan or Myanmar.- An Indian resident or a foreigner residing in India or a tourist of Indian origin, not being an infant, arriving from any country other than Nepal, Bhutan or Myanmar, shall be allowed clearance free of duty articles in his bona fide baggage, that is to say, used personal effects, travel souvenirs and articles other than those mentioned in Annexure I, upto the value of fifty thousand rupees if these are carried on the person or in the accompanied baggage of the passenger:
We pride ourselves in offering our customers the most veriety of products from the best leading brands in the industry: