25th November. 2004
Notification No. 38/2004 - Central Excise (N.T).
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 37 of the Central Excise Act, 1944 (1 of 1944), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004, namely,-
1. (1) These rules may be called the CENVAT Credit (Second Amendment) Rules, 2004.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004, after rule 9, the following rule shall be inserted, namely,-
“ 9A. – Information relating to principal inputs. - (1) A manufacturer of final products shall furnish to the Superintendent of Central Excise, annually by 30th April of each Financial Year, a declaration in the Form specified, by a notification, by the Board, in respect of each of the excisable goods manufactured or to be manufactured by him, the principal inputs and the quantity of such principal inputs required for use in the manufacture of unit quantity of such final products:
Provided that for the year 2004-05, such information shall be furnished latest by 31st December, 2004.
(2) If a manufacturer of final products intends to make any alteration in the information so furnished under sub-rule (1), he shall furnish information to the Superintendent of Central Excise together with the reasons for such alteration before the proposed change or within 15 days of such change in the Form specified by the Board under sub-rule (1).
(3) A manufacturer of final products shall submit, within ten days from the close of each month, to the Superintendent of Central Excise, a monthly return in the Form specified, by a notification, by the Board, in respect of information regarding the receipt and consumption of each principal inputs with reference to the quantity of final products manufactured by him.
(4) The Central Government may, by notification and subject to such conditions or limitations, as may be specified in such notification, specify manufacturers or class of manufacturers who may not be required to furnish declaration mentioned in sub-rule (1) or monthly return mentioned in sub-rule (3).
Explanation: For the purposes of this rule, “principal inputs”, means any input which is used in the manufacture of final products where the cost of such input constitutes not less than 10% of the total cost of raw-materials for the manufacture of unit quantity of a given final products.”
Neerav Kumar Mallick
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India vide notification No. 23/2004-CE (N.T.), dated the 10th September, 2004 [G.S.R.600 (E), dated the 10th September, 2004] and were last amended by notification No.24/2004-Central Excise (N.T), dated the 27th September, 2004 [G.S.R. 617 (E), dated the 27th September, 2004].
We have successfully served many reputable clients for Import-Export Data Information Services. Here are some of our clients: