Adani Ports PAT Grows By 38 % in 9M FY17
AHMEDABAD: Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited ( "APSEZ" ), India’s largest port developer and the logistics arm of Adani Group, announced another stellar operational and financial performance for the nine month and third quarter ended 31st December, 2016
9M FY 17 Highlights:
• Consolidated Operating Income registered a growth of 20 % from Rs. 5219 cr in 9MFY16 to Rs. 6245 cr in 9MFY17.
• Consolidated EBITDA increased by 22% from Rs.3352 cr in 9MFY16 to Rs.4092 cr in 9MFY17.
• EBIDTA margins increased by 200 BPS to 66%.
• Profit after Tax grew by 38% from Rs.1991 cr in 9MFY16 to Rs.2748 cr in 9MFY17.
• EPS for 9MFY17 is Rs.13.29 per share a growth of 38 %
• In 9MFY17, APSEZ handled Cargo of 126 MMT, a growth of 11 % Y o Y.
Q3 FY 17 Highlights:
• Consolidated Operating Income registered a growth of 32 % from Rs.1696 cr in Q3FY16 to Rs.2236 cr in Q3FY17
• Consolidated EBITDA increased by 30 % from Rs.1056 cr in Q3FY16 to Rs.1371 cr in Q3FY17.
• EBIDTA margins maintained at 62%
• Profit after Tax grew by 26 % from Rs. 675 cr in Q3FY16 to 848 cr in Q3FY17.
• EPS for Q3 FY17 is Rs. 4.10 per share a growth of 26%
• In Q3FY17, APSEZ handled Cargo of 41 MMT, a growth of 8 % Y o Y.
Mr. Karan Adani, Chief Executive Officer of APSEZ said, “Our strategy to diversify our cargo mix and focus on high value cargo continues to yield positive results. Like last quarter, the continued outperformance in cargo volumes is backed by healthy growth in our newer ports namely Hazira, Dhamra and Kattupalli. Operational efficiencies and our efforts to change the mix of bulk cargo beyond coal has resulted in all-round growth in our financial numbers.