[TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART-II, SECTION-3, SUB-SECTION (i)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
No. 32/2016 - Customs (N. T.)
New Delhi, the 1st March, 2016
G.S.R. (E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 156 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962) and in supersession of the Customs (Import of Goods at Concessional Rate of Duty for Manufacture of Excisable Goods) Rules, 1996, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Customs (Import of Goods at Concessional Rate of Duty for Manufacture of Excisable Goods) Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall come into force on the first day of April, 2016.
2. Application. - (1) These rules shall apply to an importer, being a manufacturer, who intends to avail the benefit of an exemption notification issued under sub-section (1) of section 25 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962) and where the benefit of such exemption is dependent upon the use of imported goods covered by that notification for the manufacture of any excisable commodity.,
(2) These rules shall apply only in respect of such exemption notification which provides for the observance of these rules.
(3) These rules shall also apply even if the excisable goods in or in relation to the manufacture of which the imported goods are used, are not chargeable to excise duty or are exempted from whole of excise duty.
We have successfully served many reputable clients for Import-Export Data Information Services. Here are some of our clients: