(TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i))
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
Notification No. 4/ 2008 - Central Excise (N.T.)
New Delhi, dated the 18th January, 2008
G.S.R. (E). - In pursuance of rule 12 of the Central Excise Rules, 2002, the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby specifies the following form for the purposes of the said rules, namely: -
(A) for quarterly return for production and removal of goods under exemption notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue) No. 49/2003-Central Excise, dated the 10th June, 2003 vide number G.S.R. 471(E), published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, section 3, sub-section (i), dated the 10th June, 2003 or No. 50/2003-Central Excise, dated the 10th June, 2003 vide number G.S.R. 472(E), published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, section 3, sub-section (i), dated the 10th June, 2003, the following form shall be used in duplicate, namely:-
(See rule 12)
1. Name and address of the assessee / manufacturer :
2. PAN :
3. Range ________Division________________Commissionerate________________
4. Period of return : Quarter ending _______________________
5. Details of the manufacture and removal of goods under Notification No. 49/2003-CE dated the 10th June, 2003 or Notification No. 50/2003-CE dated the 10th June, 2003 (Tick whichever is applicable) :
Quantity and value of goods removed
Sale within India
Other removals not involving sale such as transfer of goods to a depot or transfer to another factory, etc.
6. Please indicate if any raw material or inputs have been procured from or any clearances mentioned in from Column (7) to (10) have been made to any related person or another unit of the same manufacturer. If so, please furnish the following information :
(a) Name and address of the related person/unit :
(b) PAN number of the related person/unit :
(c) Quantity of raw material/input received_____ and value thereof _______
(d) Quantity of goods cleared________ and value thereof __________
I hereby declare that the information given above is true, correct and complete in every respect.
(Signature and name of the manufacturer or authorized signatory)
Return of goods produced and manufactured by availing exemption notification No.49/2003-CE / No.50/2003-CE for the quarter ending
Date of receipt
: (Name and signature of the competent Officer with official seal)
Instructions.- 1. In case, more than one item is manufactured, additional row may be inserted in the table, wherever necessary.
2. Wherever quantity codes appear, indicate relevant abbreviations as given below.
Number of pairs
Thousand in number
3. 8-Digit Central Excise Tariff Item number for each and every excisable good is available in the Central Excise Tariff and same should be indicated without decimal point.
4. In column numbers (5) to (10), the value means -
(1) If the goods are sold from the factory, the sale invoice value of the goods excluding all taxes;
(2) If the goods are exported from the factory, the export invoice value of the goods;
(3) In any other case of removal like transfer of goods to a depot or transfer to another factory, the value of the excisable goods may be taken as the value of such goods, excluding all taxes, sold by the manufacturer for delivery at any other time nearest to the time of the removal of goods being reported upon.
5. For the purpose of filing this return, “related person” shall have the same meaning assigned to it in clause (b) of sub-section (3) of section 4 of Central Excise Act, 1944.”
(B) This notification shall come into effect from the 18th day of January, 2008.
(G. G. Pai)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
We feel pride in offering our customers the wide range of products of the top leading brands of the world.