TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i) OF THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, DATED THE 3rd MAY. 2000
13 VAISAKHA.1922 ( SAKA)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
New Delhi, dated the 3rd May. 2000
13 Vaisakha, 1922 (Saka)
No.37/2000-Central Excise (N.T.), dated 3-5-2000.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 37 of the Central Excise Act, 1944 (1 of 1944), the Central Government hereby makes me following rules further to amend the Central Excise Rules,1944, namely:-
1. These rules may be called the Central Excise (Seventh Amendment) Rules, 2000.
2. In rule 57AB of the Central Excise Rules, 1944 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in sub-rule (1), in clause (ii), for the words and figures "sub-heading Nos. 2401.90,2404.99", the words, letters and figures" sub-heading Nos. 2401.90,2404.40,2404.50,2404.99" shall be substituted.
3. In rule 57AC of the said rules, in sub-rule (2), in clause (b), for the words, "provided that the capital goods are", the words, brackets and figures "provided that the capital goods (other than components, spares and accessories, refractories and refractory materials and goods falling under heading No. 68.02 and sub-heading No. 6801.10 of the First Schedule to the Central Excise Tariff Act) are" shall be substituted.
4. In rule 57AG of the said rules, after sub-rule (3), following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely:-
"(4) A manufacturer, who had debited amount equivalent to ten per cent of the value of inputs or as the case may be, partially processed inputs while removing such inputs or partially processed inputs under the sub-rule (4) of rule 57F as it existed prior to the 1st day of April, 2000, and receives back the inputs or as the case may be, partially processed inputs, on or after the 1st day of April, 2000, shall be allowed to take CENVAT credit of the amount debited by him and shall be allowed to utilize the CENVAT credit in accordance with these rules."
5. In rule 57AI of the said rules, for the words and figures "sub-heading Nos. 2401.90,2404.99", the words and figures "sub-heading Nos. 2401.90,2404.40,2404.50,2404.99" shall be substituted.
(Prashant Kumar Sinha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Note:- The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, vide notification No. IV. D-CE, dated me 28th February, 1944 and were last amended by the notification of me Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), No.34/2000-Central Excise (N.T.), dated the 11th April, 2000 [G.S.R. 332 (E), dated the 16th April, 2000].
We feel pride in offering our customers the wide range of products of the top leading brands of the world.